<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Searching for Be Mulroney's Soul, Part Seven
Despite my otherwise excellent cable service, I do not yet receive Tolo TV, the biggest network in Afghanistan. This did not strike me as a grave injustice until yesterday afternoon, when I read this dispatch from Kabul.

Most upsetting is the fact I've been forced to watch The Hills, while Afghanis were delighting in Because the Mother-in-Law Was Once the Daughter-in-Law. (For future reference, this hereby answers all questions as to whether progress is being made in Afghanistan. Before we invaded, there was no Because the Mother-in-Law Was Once the Daughter-in-Law. Now, every night at 8pm, Afghanis can gather together in front of the television and watch a show called Because the Mother-in-Law Was Once the Daughter-in-Law. Obviously we should invade more countries.)

Also troubling: my previous lack of exposure to Afghan Star, the local version of American Idol.[MORE]

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com