<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, November 1, 2006

I Am The Most Open-Minded Person In The World, Why Can't You All Be More Like Me
Matthew has come through with his second annual list of the hottest acts in Canada, as voted on by those of us with obviously too much time on our hands.

Not too many surprises. I guess I thought k-os would finish higher than 25th, but then I suspect a lot of people actually hate him (more on this later probably). In fact, he finished only one spot higher than the Arcade Fire, who haven't released an album in something like 7 years.

I again object to the fact that no one else loves Alexisonfire. It's basically me and a bunch of misfit 14-year-olds in Burlington. If I should disappear in the near future, it's because I've decided to start hanging out behind some suburban high school, drinking cheap beer and burning various refuse.

Seriously. Would you really rather listen to the Dears? Really? I don't get it.

Anyway. In the comments supporting Nelly Furtado's 22nd place finish, Quinn asks, 'When was the last time one of our Top 40 exports hasn't been at least a bit embarrassing?' and suggests I might know the answer to this.

Well, I actually reject the thesis that Nelly Furtado isn't embarrassing. But otherwise... I'm going to say k.d. lang circa Ingenue, which reached 18th on the Billboard 200 in 1992 and won lang a Grammy for Constant Craving. Coincidentally, Furtado herself might have been the last least embarrassing (circa the I'm Like A Bird era), but then she had to go and reinvent into her current self, a move I consider akin to me deciding to spend my days hanging out with a bunch of 14-year-olds behind a Burlington high school.

Refusing to let this go... From Dec. 14 to Dec. 18, AOF is playing five shows across Toronto. They're all sold out. And so tickets went on sale this morning for a sixth show. I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that perhaps Destroyer could not do likewise.

Labels: , , ,

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com