<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, September 3, 2006

Jokes For Copy Editors
Beyonce's new record is entitled B'Day. Apparently because it is due for release on Sept. 4, her birthday. Fair enough.

But shouldn't she have opted for a hyphen instead of an apostrophe? Because, as it stands, couldn't her record just as easily be confused with a seemingly phonetic celebration of the "low-mounted plumbing fixture or type of sink intended for washing the external genitalia and the anus?"

Just saying.

(And that said, a confession: I'm hopelessly addicted to Ring The Alarm. Put the record in my rented Corolla - colour: gold - this weekend and couldn't get past track five. If I was still paid to do so, I'm not sure how I could ever offer a review of the entire album - I can only speculate that the album runs longer than five tracks and, having heard track five, I can't remember anything of the first four.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com