<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, March 3, 2006

Nuke Paul McCartney
The crusading McCartneys went head to head with Newfoundland premier Danny Williams last night on Larry King Live. Needless to say it was a calm, measured and intelligent discussion with plenty of healthy debate and nuanced, probing questions from the host.

Otherwise, Heather Mills officially surpassed Yoko as the most objectionable Beatle-associated significant other. It was amazing. I didn't think it could be done. I haven't the faintest idea which side of the seal hunt debate is more right, but I'm pretty sure I could never get behind anything supported by Mrs. McCartney.

The best exchange of the night went something like this (the transcript is here, but I'll paraphrase):

Williams: "Paul and Heather, I invite you to come to Newfoundland so we can discuss this issue and I can educate you about what's really going on here."

Paul: "Well, we're in Newfoundland right now.

Williams: "No, actually, you're in PEI."

Thrilling television.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com