<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Avril Breaks Her Silence
"Uh huh... Kind of. Sort of."

That about says it all. But, for good measure...

Avril on her new image: "It's part of being a girl. It's like, you reach a certain age and start wearing make-up and doing your hair and wearing heels."

Avril on nudity: "I don't know how far I would go. I think it would be done in a more classy, sexy way if I was showing more skin, as opposed to a provocative, maybe slutty way."

(Oh laugh now, but in twenty years when she shows up on the cover of Playboy, we're all going to feel bad inside.)

Avril on marriage: "I was telling Deryck, I'm like, 'I'm not getting married until I'm, like, 25.' And then - you can never plan these things."

(Note that the writer has left in every 'like.' This is both entirely fair and completely gratuitous. Fair because that's actually how Avril talks. Gratuitous because THAT'S, UH, HOW, UM, EVERYBODY TALKS. In general, writers only refuse to clean such stuff up when it's convenient.)

Anyway. She's a big girl now. And I couldn't be happier for her. Really. I feel like I should hire Aerosmith and throw her a Bat Mitzvah or something. And I'm not even Jewish (nor, I believe, is she).

But I would like it noted how wonderfully ironic it is that Avril now looks more like Britney than Britney looks like Britney.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com