<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 2, 2005

Willie Nelson, The World's Premier (If Only) Redneck Hippie
This exchange, in sequence, appears in the current issue of Spin:

Spin: Tell us one of the jokes that's not going to make it into the movie.
Nelson: I was riding in a car with Johnny Knoxville who was driving real fast while we were being chased by policemen, and I had a big case of Molotov cocktails made of moonshine. I'd light a fuse, and once it started burning good, I'd throw it out the window at the police guys. So I lit one - are you sure you want to hear this?

Spin: Out with it, Willie.
Nelson: I said to Johnny, "You know how a blonde is like a tornado?" He said no. And I said, "At first there's all this blowing and sucking, and then you lose your house."

Spin: Do you have any good jokes you can tell us about your new fuel, Willie Nelson's Biodiesel?
Nelson: Well, seriously, biodiesel is an opportunity to completely relieve us of our dependence on foreign energy, and there's a lot of different things farmers can grow for fuel. The original diesel engine was designed to run on peanut oil. I once drove in a hempmobile with [the Reform Party's] Gatewood Galbraith, who was running for governor. We put hemp oil in the gas tank of a Cadillac and drove it across Kentucky.

(And scene.)

(Come to think of it, the only real difference between Willie Nelson and Bill Clinton is that Willie inhaled. Deeply. And repeatedly. Every day. Over a number of years.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com