<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 20, 2005

Wrap Yourself In Aural Wallpaper
Assuming this is not the latest in Nigerian inheritance scams, the following is rather fantastic.

(We shall try our darndest. And if anyone can offer particular assistance, they are invited to drop us a line.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Neiko Genchev
To: awherry
Sent: 6/20/2005 9:59 AM
Subject: A letter from Faber Publishers - Bulgaria

Dear Mr Wherry,

You might be surprised by this letter, but I' would ask you to read it before you delete it.

My name is Neiko Genchev, I am from Bulgaria, owner of "Faber" publishing house. I have a favour to ask of you - a strange o ne, you'd say, and you'll be right - and it is to pass o n to the singer Diana Krall a request from me. The reason to ask this from yourself is that I came across your interview with her, and then I saw your face in the National Post site. This is a face I like, and judging by the picture, we are about the same age, so I decided that you might help.

I'm in my forties (sorry for the judgement above, if you're younger), not of the kind of people who write to the celebrities, but this is a rather special occasion, for me, of course. The story is simple: in the beginning of this year I fell in love with a wonderful girl. It was not an easy or immediate affair (she is considerably younger than me), but we are very happy together now, and this is the first REAL love in my life, believe me. The thing that made the connection between us in the beginning was the music of Diana Krall.

I like this music very much, but Illiana (this is the name of my girl) is a passionate fan. So I thought that it would be a wonderful present for her birthday (25 th of July) if she received a card with a personal autograph from Diana Krall. And this is the supplication I'd ask you to pass o n to her, if this is possible, and if you would like to do it.

Please tell lady Krall that she has many friends and admirers here, that she is always welcome in Bulgaria, and that I and Illiana would like personally to invite her and her husband to visit us - we'll meet them as royalties (in Bulgarian 'Krall' means 'King'). The same applies to you - reading your blog, I could say that we could find a lot in common, and coming here, in Bulgaria (if you haven't already, of course), you would discover a wonderful country, and wonderful people. Bulgaria is famous with its history (over 1300 years) and nature (seaside and mountains). I live in Veliko Turnovo, o ne of the most picturesque cities in the world. You'll like it here, I'm sure.

Well, that would be all. Please do this for me if it's possible, you won't regret it. I simply don't have a way to reach Mrs Krall, but for you, as a famous musical journalist, that would be much easier. I don't seek a contact with her, o nly, if she agrees to send that autograph, I'll need a postal address (it might be your newspaper's for example), o n which to send in return some tokens for you and for her.

Sorry for bothering you with such a long letter. If you have ever loved somebody for real, you'll understand me.

Thank you very much.

Wishing you lots of sunshine

Neiko

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com