<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, June 24, 2005

More Might. More Bite.
Dare we say it feels like years since we last talked about Nellie McKay?

Here's a new interview, written, it seems, in suburban Philadelphia. We are apparently now past the WTF Stage and beginning to talk about, like, music and stuff. Last three graphs are money:

“Sometimes, I wish I could make music for everybody. I do think some people respond to it, it has to strike a chord with them somehow,” she says. “What I would like is for it to be enjoyed more from the heart than from the head.”

And if she’s being true to herself, then she’s more likely to achieve that effect. It’s a quality she admires in her own influences — Bob Dylan, the Beatles, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and Janis Joplin.

“It’s not that you can hear any of them in my music,” says McKay, “but there has to be a certain amount of HONESTY … I’d like to believe I have that. You feel a little egotistical saying it sometimes, but that’s certainly what I aspire to.”


Carl! J.D.! Get her!

Anyway.

Also of note: This, in which the Wyoming Seminary Performing Arts Institute name drops Nellie for some easy cred.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com