<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

'I want to thank Steve Baldwin for being with us today.'
So apparently the lead singer for Fuel said a bad word at one of Dubya's 807 inauguration balls. Whatevs. Far more awesome was G-Dub's speech afterwards. To wit:

Listen, I want to thank all the entertainers who were here today. How about Hilary Duff. She was fantastic. (Applause.) Thank you, Hilary. JoJo -- JoJo is here -- yeah. (Applause.) Rubin Studdard -- you talk about a success story. (Applause.) Ryan Cabrera, I appreciate Ryan being here. (Applause.) How about Three Doors Down? (Applause.) Pretty cool guys, right? Seem cool to me. (Applause.) Fuel -- I appreciate Fuel being here. (Applause.) Jason Sehorn -- I'm honored that my friend, Jason -- and I'm really proud and pleased that he brought his wife, Angie Harmon. (Applause.)

Note that Three Doors Down get two applause breaks. Once for being there. Then for being identified as "cool" by the pop critic in chief.

Later he refers to the assembled (which also included Miss America 2003 and The Apprentice) as "some of America's soldiers in the army of compassion."

Sweet.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com