<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 9, 2004

RIP Dimebag
Former Pantera guitarist shot and killed on stage

Update I... 9:18pm EST...
No one mourns quite like the men of heavy metal mourn.

"A sad fucking day for sure, some miserable 20 something fuck killed a legend. A man who inspired so many to rip and thrash. Pantera was and still is my favorite group and Dimebag was the one who inspired me the pick up the axe, the bottle and the joint and just fucking RIP!... To the dumb fuck who did this I hope you rot in hell you miserable scumbag!"
-Doug Sabolick, A Life Once Lost

"I think it's insane and scary and most of all sad that this had to happen. How lame. Hearing about this sort of stuff pretty much pisses me off!"
-Cory Brandon, Norma Jean

"There are a lot of counterfactuals involved in senseless deaths like that of Dimebags. What if it had been one of our shows? What if there are more people than we know capable of such atrocities? What if it had been me? But these 'what-ifs' only come about after a period of reflection. The more sincere questions are the most immediate. Mine was this: 'Why did Pantera break up in the first place?'"
-Keith Buckley, Every Time I Die

"I'm speechless. This is totally unreal. Dimebag is a f---ing legend and this is total bullsh--."
-former Rob Zombie/ Ozzy Osbourne bassist Rob Blasko Nicholson

News and reaction from MTV.com here, here, here and here.

(P.S. Above quotes are not posted to mock.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com