<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Beers Are For Drinking
It is, of course, pure coincidence that aspiring rap star Ron Artest was tonight at the centre of the quite possibly the ugliest moment in the history of North American professional sports. But you can bet that in the days to come it won't be seen as such.

Here is the Detroit Free Press' first write through (the reporter's name: Perry Farrell?!). Expect them to lead the rest of the pack for at least the first few days, though the Detroit News has a better first story here. The News even gets comment from the first person Artest punched:

"I have no idea. He was on top of me, pummeling me and he said, 'Did you do it? Did you do it?' And I said, 'No, man, no.' He kind of shoved me and went off on other people."

Scary stuff. And rather sad.

Update I... 2:36am EST...
The Detroit News reporters blog the melee here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com