<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 6, 2004

Local Lesbians Make Good
The NY Times has crazy love for Tegan & Sara and their new album So Jealous:

... the winsome "So Jealous" delivers even more confident pop songwriting complemented by Mr. Caswell and Mr. Collins's warm retro tones. The timing is right for this kind of girl-rock manifesto. As emo has recently given young boys a chance to explore their deeper feelings, this multilayered record is aimed at young women, gay and straight, looking for smart songs that explore the fun side of taking yourself very seriously. "I Won't Be Left" finds the slightly more guttural-voiced Tegan insisting, "I won't mistake you for problems with me/ And I won't let my moods ruin this you'll see." There's a humor in the twins' frequent references to self doubt, especially in light of the fact that they have met with virtually nothing but success since the moment they picked up their guitars.

Hear Walking With a Ghost, I Bet It Stung, and I Know I Know I Know here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com