<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 3, 2004

Buck 65 bitch slaps hip-hop UPDATE
Disturbed by Buck's comments, Mark brought the case before the ilXor judges, jurors and executioners. Here is the verdict he received (thanks for the kind words Huck).

More importantly, here is the response Buck, or someone claiming to be he, posted on the Exclaim message board:

Hello. This is Buck 65 writing in a pre-emptive attempt to address the little controversy brewing over my recent Kerrang! interview. If you haven't heard about it yet, you might soon. Basically, in the interview I said that hip hop people are ignorant, have no appreciation for other genres of music and that I'd be surprised if anyone could show me an example of a rapper that could read music. I'm apologizing for all that. I lost my cool on tape which is never good. The journalist was provoking me, calling me a sell-out and a whore. I was trying to make a point by playing devil's advocate, but I went way overboard. No hint of irony or roll-playing or intelligence came across in the story. Now I just look like an idiot. I take it back. I don't really believe any of that. I don't think being able to read music is a concern. Most of my favorite music was made by non-educated musicians. It doesn't matter. I still have heavy criticisms of most hip hop, but I really didn't make them well on this particular day. I put my foot in my mouth and I'm apologizing for that.

Also: Jay with the apology and a review of the rage.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com