<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 17, 2004

It comes naturally
Last week's profile of Leslie Feist can be found here.

An excerpt:

Leslie Feist is roaming the streets of Paris, talking on her cellphone about the wisdom of an American president. Lincoln, perhaps. Or maybe Roosevelt.

"This is pathetic that I don't know who said this, but on a wall I have this card that someone gave me for my birthday that says, 'Do what you can where you are with what you have,' " Feist says. "I think it's either Lincoln or Roosevelt that said that."

It was in fact the 26th president of the United States, Theodore Roosevelt, who offered that wisdom, he of the equally Feistian notion that one should "speak softly and carry a big stick" (though apparently that one was actually a West African proverb).

"And I can add to that: Just go where you need to be," Feist says, getting back to her Roosevelt-inspired ethos. "Follow your nose. Stay liquid. And adaptable."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com