<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, March 29, 2004

"English people can't talk about themselves"
Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood in what would appear to be the latest Filter:

"I think when [music's] good and it's really affecting, then it's stupid to be embarrassed about it - about how good it is. You know, there's a certain Tom Waits song that whenever I hear it I, you know, it just... it makes me talk in this inarticulate way that I'm using now. It's so good. It seems to me quite disingenuous to be embarrassed about it. I think it should be ambitious, and good music does deal with life and art and all these wonderful things. I used to be ashamed talking about it, but now I just think it's fraudulent to pretend otherwise. I don't even know what I'm trying to say. You just sound like you're being passionate about it and I agree with you. I don't know how else to put it into words. You're the journalist, you should know. I'll leave it to you. If you could hash that out by tomorrow that'd be great."

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com