<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

No sex please
Me thinks Edward O found Avril's Abstinence Anthem, Don't Tell Me, here. As a wise man once said in a faux Scottish accent - "Is'not bad, but is'not grate either." (bonus: name that movie)
Lyrically she's still so limited:
"Get out of my head,
Get off of my bed,
Yeah, that's what I said."
And the vocal tics are still there - "Time" becomes "Tye-e-e-e-ime." "Away" becomes "Awaye-e-e-eh."
But she (and/or her handlers) can still write a decent hook. And the subject matter is, er, provocative. I guess. But does anyone want to think about lil' Avril having (or not having), er, sex (shudder)? And hasn't this abstinence thing been done to death already? I thought she was supposed to be the anti-Britney?
Oh, but I guess Avril really means it when she claims virginity. Or does she even claim it?
Worse still, does this also mean we're in for a year of questions about Avril's virginity?
And, in any event, when we've got someone as truly interesting as Nellie McKay to fixate upon why would we even bother with Avril, virgin or not?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com